The next test session will be November 6, starting at Noon. For an application, go to Test session application November 6 2019
All test applications must be COMPLETE, including home club permission, in order to avoid a late fee.
Skaters must arrive at the rink 45 minutes before their warm-up time (this is earlier than their test time!) or their test is subject to cancellation with no refund.
The Dick Button award, launched in June 2018, is still on for the 2019-2020 season. For more information, see below.
The SC of Brewster is proud to announce the launch of The Dick Button award, a new program for club members who advance to IJS/ISU qualifying sectional and/or national competitions. All SC of Brewster members (not associates) who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the award:
- Applicants must be members in good standing with the USFSA and the SC of Brewster for the current skating calendar year (July 1 to June 30), and for the prior skating calendar year;
- Applicants must represent the SC of Brewster in the respective IJS/ISU qualifying sectional and/or national competition; and
- Applicants must be competing in USFSA singles/pairs/ice dance competition categories only.*
For the 2019-2020 season, the award is intended solely for travel and related expenses associated with competing at qualifying sectional and national competitions. Depending upon fund availability, qualifying applicants will receive a check from the SC of Brewster in the amount of up to $500 for each competition. Applicants must submit an application for the award with the SC of Brewster at least 30 days before each eligible competition.
The application will be posted at www.skatebrewster.com.
Thanks to Dick Button, two-time Olympic gold medalist and a beloved commentator and admirer of the sport and art of figure skating, and a resident of nearby North Salem, for generously agreeing to let us use his name.
- Skaters in the State Games, Theater on Ice, Showcase or Synchronized Skating programs are not eligible for this award.
For more information, please contact Stephanie Kelly Newhouse, SC of Brewster president, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic skills skaters, recreational skaters, competitive skaters: this club is for you.
The Skating Club of Brewster is a not-for-profit organization whose members are recreational and competitive figure skaters. The club, based at the Brewster Ice Arena in Brewster, New York http://www.brewstericearena.com, gives skaters a chance to measure their progress through tests and competitions, to have fun in shows and outings, and to support each other as they practice toward their next goal.
Home Club Member Benefits
- USFS membership allowing member to compete and test representing SC of Brewster
- Test sessions (member fee is reduced)
- Annual club outing
- Eligibility for Dick Button award for advancing to sectionals/nationals.
- Home Club Member, Junior $134/year (under 18 years, includes parent or guardian membership)
- Home Club Member, Senior/Adult $90/year (18 years and older)
- Subsequent Family Member, $54/year (additional siblings under 18)
- Introductory Member, $56/year (for skaters graduating from Basic Skills, limited to one year per skater)
- Professional Member (Coach), $60/year (must be USFS-CER compliant)
- Associate member, $60/year
- Collegiate member $120/four years
The pro shop at the Brewster Ice Arena will send out your skating jacket for embroidering with the club logo. The fee is $25 for the logo on the back, $30 for the logo plus the skater’s first name on the front. Support your club and your home rink!
Embroidered Blade Towels
$5 each ($8 for non-members)